Now that you have chosen the wedding hall for your reception there are a few easy decorating tips that can take your reception from dull to dazzling.
Linens. One trick that all event planners know is to use interesting linens. There are so many beautiful linens available today that you don’t have to settle for plain white. Even if that is all that is included with your venue, you can still rent some lovely overlays that can make a splash without breaking the bank. Look for something that will add color and texture to the room. Just adding interesting napkins and chair ties can make a difference. You will want to choose something that goes with the existing room decor instead of fighting against it.
Lighting. Specialty lighting can change the entire look of a room. Splash the walls with beautiful patterns like the silhouettes of trees or snowflakes in winter for a beautiful effect or wash the walls with color. Pin spots can be used to highlight your cake table or buffet.
Candles add a wonderful ambience to a room. You might want to use a grouping of candles in different heights and holders instead of flowers as centerpieces to add a beautiful glowing touch to your hall. Besides, don’t you think everyone just look so much better by candle light?
Draping. Draping can add a soft, elegant look to any room. It draw the eye up and can also hide any part of the room you don’t like. You could use it as a room divider if you are having the ceremony and reception in the same room.
Flowers. What is the first thing you think of when considering your wedding reception decor? Flowers, of course. Here are some things to remember when choosing your floral decor.
1. Make sure they suit the room. Choose colors and styles that harmonize with both your wedding colors and the style and colors of the room.
2. If the room have very high ceilings use tall arrangements to help make the space feel more intimate. Just be sure that they aren’t going to block your guests view. Have them placed on tall slender vases or use tall glass containers.
3. Your buffet and escort card tables are the place to add big showy arrangement tot draw the eye.
4. The cake table deserves some love too. Add rose petals or the bridesmaids bouquets to dress it up.
5. Have the venue or your florist provide empty vases on the head table to display your bridesmaids bouquets as the centerpiece.
Now that you have the event hall for your wedding reception, get in there and make it your own!