Now that spring is officially here, it’s time to toss off those heavy coats and start dreaming up the details for your summer wedding.
One of the things that every bride hopes for is rave reviews from her guests. To help that along, take a look at your plans with hospitality in mind. Here are a few tips to make sure your guests are comfortable no matter what the day brings.
1. If the ceremony is outdoors on a hot day, have a pretty drink station set up as your guest enter the ceremony site. You can provide bottled waters with your names and the wedding date, frosty glass containers of pink lemonade or fruit tea or even miniature bottles of champagne to keep your guests refreshed while they await your entrance.
2. Provide some shade for your guests. Simple paper parasols are fun, festive and inexpensive. Set up a big basket of them for your guests. Bonus that they look amazing in photos!
3. No one likes the sun in their eyes. Fill a basket with cheap sunglass for those guests that forgot theirs.
4. Be sure to serve some light refreshments during your cocktail hour. Food may be the last thing on your mind, but your guest will want a little nibble with their cocktails. Passed hors d’oeuvres are a good way to go; it keeps thing moving.
5. Girls love their gorgeous shoes, but not all night. Have a basket of flip flops next to the dance floor with a sign saying “Dancing Shoes!”
6. If you will be inviting some older friends and family, consider setting up a lounge area that is away from the music. They will appreciate being able to take a break from the loud music.
7. Vary your menu. It seems so many people have dietary and nutritional concerns these days that having a wide variety of menu items will ensure that everyone will find something to enjoy.
8. If you are having a signature cocktail, consider having a second, similar one that is non-alcoholic. That way everyone can feel festive.
9. End your event with a mid-night snack. One last little nibble to say thank you. Some fun ideas are a milk and cookie bar, mini grilled cheese and a tomato soup shooter or a mound of Krispy Kremes.
The saying goes that a wedding is the brides day. Keeping your guests comfort in mind will ensure that they not only think of you as a beautiful bride, but also as a brilliant hostess!